July 24, 2022
E371: Five things you can do to heal trauma now | CPTSD and Trauma Healing Podcast
In this episode of I talk about the five things you can do to heal trauma now.
Learn more about Think Unbroken and Pre-Order my new book: Unbroken Man. Plus, learn more about the free coaching and other mental health programs. Click here: https://linktr.ee/michaelunbroken
Support the Podcast: Become a listed sponsor!
Follow me on Instagram @MichaelUnbroken
Learn more about coaching at https://coaching.thinkunbroken.com
Get your FREE copy of my #1 Best-Selling Book Think Unbroken: https://book.thinkunbroken.com/
This trauma healing list will be short and sweet, with plenty of room for elaboration in the near future. For now, these are the top 5 things that you can do now to start healing trauma.
- The best thing that you can do to heal trauma without any doubt is to acknowledge that you have some work to do. There is no reason to spend time nor money on therapy or trauma healing modalities without accepting that you have to take it seriously. The worst thing that I did was spend thousands of dollars in psyches offices when I should have come in with the understanding that I needed to heal my childhood trauma, not run from it.
- Think about what you want your future to look like. Too often, as CPTSD survivors, we lose sight of the fact that there is still a future ahead for us. It is not too late to create the life you want to have, but you have to have goals. The best thing you can do to heal trauma is to write down precisely what you want your life to look like. For many of us, we didn’t think we would have a future after abuse, but it’s there if you are willing to work for it.
- You might have to forgive yourself for some of the things that you have done. We can’t heal trauma holding onto grudges against ourselves. There is always space to move forward and to create a place of vulnerability and trust with yourself, but you are going to have to start with allowing yourself peace for what you have or have not done. This may apply to other people as well.
- To heal trauma, you are going to have to educate yourself. Yes, there are so many books, courses, programs, and conferences that you can attend. The human brain is so malleable, and it wants to learn, grow, and heal. When you take new information and apply it to your understanding of how you got to where you are and the impact of trauma on your mind, body, and spirit, you will begin to move forward.
- The most important thing that you can do to recover from abuse and trauma is to be patient. It’s a hard word to understand sometimes as we are healing because we are ready to have our lives back and on our terms, but being patient is incredibly important. You are in the process of reframing, reparenting and learning to love yourself and trust the world. And that is a lot to ask of anyone. Being patient as you heal CPTSD means doing a little bit every day to continue to move forward.
In reality, this list of top things to heal trauma is closer to five hundred tips long, but we have to start somewhere.
Until next time my friend…
Michael is an entrepreneur, best-selling author, speaker, coach, and advocate for adult survivors of childhood trauma.